Friday, April 27, 2012

Pani da rang vekh k ..

Absolutely smitten by Ayushman.
I've always liked him as a host/anchor...but never knew he would do so well as an actor and even a singer! Just awesome!

Vicky donor is one of those light hearted movies with every element in the right place. And when you see someone act so effortlessly - it makes watching the movie all the more worthwhile.
Playing a punjabi guy mustn't have been too tough for him. Just loved his spontaneity.

Not only him..every other character in the movie was equally good.
 Loved the role of 'vicky's' modern grandmother.
Some very funny dialogues & scenarios!

And then ofcourse coming to the overall movie - it managed to deal with the subject of sperm donation very well. Plus also taking over the cultural differences and again tuning the message subtly.

A very realistic , sensible , decent & entertaining  movie - yet not very serious or preachy.
Thats a good combination to give a break from the otherwise bollywood bullshit.

I'm currently addicted to this song that Ayushman has sung. Its wonderful.



4 comments:

  1. I love that song too! I cannot stop listening to it! And the movie made me like it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it too! :D

    And Ayushmann is a revelation.. what a fantastic debut!
    And never knew he could sing so well too..

    Great movie produced by John!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the song.. yet to watch the movie.. but i am sure it wud be a great watch after reading reviews from most of the bloggers.

      Delete
  3. I've heard it is a great movie but I haven't watched it yet coz I prefer to take my 6 year old with me for all movies and if it is a movie with content that is not suitable for him, I skip it. Thanks for sharing your review of the film.

    ReplyDelete

You might want to say something
No !! Don't be Afraid !
Go ahead :P